n the russian village of kamarchaga, in the siberian taiga, russian pensioner olga kostina has used 30,000 plastic bottle caps to adorn
her home with colorful patterns and images - making it somewhat of a local landmark. over many years, in the isolated rural town
situated just in the perimeter of the taiga's forest, kostina collected the lids and once she felt there was enough she created detailed
murals across the walls of her home with images of traditional macrame motifs and various creatures living in the neighboring woodland.
hammering every cap by hand, kostina used the conventional macrame technique of weaving and knit knots to fabricate the detailed mosaics.
четверг, 20 сентября 2012 г.
суббота, 28 мая 2011 г.
суббота, 19 марта 2011 г.
I found this wonderful post by http://mondo-blogo.blogspot.com showing the toys of the beginning of the century... amazingly most of them look so up to date, so fresh.. I would love to have them at my home for inspirational games,
Check it out for more photos.
среда, 16 марта 2011 г.
Here is a creative way to reuse old toys. The designer Augustina Woodgate from Buenos Aires hand sewn rugs from them. I guess, If you don't have so much of them, at least can make a pillow :)
found via today and tomorrow
пятница, 25 февраля 2011 г.
May be you are wondering how to make pompons easy and many at a time.
Than this tutorial is just for you. I hope you like it.
1) First I put many rows of yarn together. I used to wrap the yarn around the back of the chair. This yarn is approximately 30 cm long and 4 cm thick. Then I made tight VERY TIGHT knots every 4 cm.
2) cut in the middle of each puff.
3) Look like this when done.
4) work on each pompom with hands and scissors to give it a shape.
5) The first one ready
6) after I cut unnecessary, 7 nice round pompons are on the table, and 1 tessel.
вторник, 8 февраля 2011 г.
I have bought this wonderful bag from Dandy Florence shop on Etsy. I can't wait until it arrives to my home. Dandy is a recycled object designer, lives in Helsinki, Finland.
I like what he does a lot, if you like recycled art with humor, check his stuff out.
вторник, 14 декабря 2010 г.
1) I knitted the hat and 2 triangles same color as the hat (10 loops at the bottom row), they look like this. don't worry about the rough looking edges.
2) Cutted same shape from the foam and from the pink color cotton stretch
3) Put the all together and stitched knitted part with pink part
4) After stitching the future ear looks like this
5) I have cutted the exceeded fabric and sponge and played with the ear shape.
6) Stitched the ear to the hat
7) And here we go - original baby hat, that will catch many attention and smiles